It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

12 Days of Christmas - Day Eight

Ooops! Day 8 kind of got lost in the hustle and bustle of the season! Hubby and I have been working on projects for the kids and grandkids, plus today was a presentation at school by a grandson, and then all the elementary kids had the Reindeer Run, so of course we had to go watch all of that. We have a 1st grader, two 3rd graders and a 4th grader to try to keep up with. Plus nieces and nephews. And tonight is Cub Scout pack meeting! It never stops. (But you know we love it.)


Today's projects is another "can" gift. It's a Snowman in a Can, and it's super simple, unless you're me. lol  All you need is an empty 1-gallon paint can and some scrapbook paper to decorate it with. Then, inside, you put a hat, a scarf, a pair of gloves or mittens, and a carrot nose. The easiest way to do this is to use some the kids have outgrown, or visit the thrift store or yard sales. Me.....I knit my hats, made the mittens, and THEN bought the scarves at the thrift store. I trend to do things a little backwards.
 

Make the nose from a piece of dowel that you shaved down to a carrot-like shape (haha) and paint it orange. Splatter it with a little watered-down black paint, and then paint some snowflakes on it.

 
Here's the top of the can.
 
 
And here's all the goodies!
 
 
It's a fun gift for those who live where it snows. And like the snowball fight, you can put the snowman in a bag, too.
 
 
It just needs it's drawstring and goodies and it's ready to go. If you have any questions, just leave a comment below. I know I'm kind of lacking in detail tonight, but I feel like I'm getting sick and I want to go to bed before I totally lose all my umph! I hope you like this project and will make one for some little people in your life.
 
See you back here tomorrow,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...