It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, December 1, 2014

12 Days of Christmas 2014 - Day One

It's that time of year again! I have been taking a break, as you know, but I never miss my 12 Days of Christmas! I hope you will join me for the next 12 days of fun and projects. With that in mind, here is Day One.
We're starting this season with a Countdown Calendar. I used a small clipboard and some Christmas scrapbook paper and goodies.


I started by painting the back of the clipboard green.. I know it doesn't look green, but I promise it is! (The light in my craftroom makes everything look a different color.} I painted all the edges and underneath where the clip fastens to the board, too. Then I chose some paper I really liked and cut it the same size as the clipboard. I used Mod Podge to attach the paper to the front of the clipboard, trimming the paper as close as I could to the clip attachment.

Then I used a cute graphic from another sheet to decorate it. I forgot to take a picture before I cut it out, but I put it back together ther best I could. lol



I added a graphic from another sheet of scrapbook paper for the Merry Christmas. Then I added some chipboard letters and some small circle letters. I cut circles with my 3" circle punch and put chipboard numbers for the days, and cut a circle with the word Christmas on it for the 25th, and it was done!


I had a lot of fun choosing papers and goodies to go with it! Let the family help for even more fun! Kids have great ideas. The last thing I had to do was find a good way to store the circles so they don't get messed up, and you'll never guess what I found that was a perfect fit! A spam storage container! Now I have to find a new one.
I hope you like this fun project! If you make one, leave a comment and tell me about it.
And remember, what we're really counting down to isn't Santa and all those presents and candy. It's a countdown to the birth of Christ. All the other stuff is just icing on the cake.

Enjoy the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...